Global Sports CSR Summit
Global Sports CSR Summit
23rd December | Bombay Exhibition Center
With the recent acknowledgement of ‘Industry’ status to Sports Infrastructure by the Government of India, the future does seem bright! The industry status will enable corporates to avail of concessional finance for the formation of a world class sports infrastructure, which in-turn will provide a much needed impetus to the development of a strong sporting culture across the country, particularly in rural India.
There is a dire need to increase the budgetary support to the Sports Ministry to enable it to enhance the allocation of funds to upgrade up sports development in the country, especially in small towns and district level towns.
Initiatives such as the Indian Premier League (Cricket), Pro Kabaddi League, Hockey India League, Indian Super League (Football) and Indian Badminton League have played a pivotal role in transforming the identity and reinforcing culture of sports in India. The sports industry has since, grown extensively — from Rs. 43.7 billion in 2013 to Rs. 48 billion ($713 million) in 2015 — mainly due to the emergence of new sporting leagues.
A Sports Industry in other words implies the potential to earn high dividends from multiple sporting sub segments (tourism, export, medical, etc.) through large scale employment and immense market opportunities. The time now is perfect to facilitate investment mobility so as to enable corporate houses currently involved in sports to advance to profit oriented sporting ventures, while those who are not, can consider the Sports Industry as an ideal avenue for CSR activities. Every investment directed towards the Sports Industry will evidently have a positive repercussion not only in building a strong sporting culture in India, but the economy at large.
- Panel Discussions – Interactive sessions including stakeholders from across the value chain followed by candid Q&A sessions
- Athlete Talks – What do the leading sports celebrities think about the topic at hand?
- Global Case Studies – Successful case studies on the forum theme from across the globe to understand ways around challenges and benchmarking innovative solutions and best practices
- Speed Geeking – Speed Networking sessions to help delegates know each other better and enable maximum interaction
Who Should Attend
- Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs
- Sports Federations & Associations
- Sports Leagues
- Architecture, Construction and Engineering companies
- Schools & Colleges
- Sports Investment Companies